What we do – in detail
A professional musician and active performer, our founder and chief engineer/producer Francis brings considerable experience to bear on his recordings, having contributed to over a dozen commercial CD projects as well as numerous live and pre-recorded radio broadcasts on BBC Radio 3.
We work in a detailed and fastidious way at every stage of the process to produce recordings that will withstand many playings and provide lasting joy for the listener. For more information about Francis, see his biography.
We are available in and around Nottingham and the East Midlands for all kinds of live concert recording, demo tracks / audition videos for conservatoire or university admission, as well as larger projects, such as choir, orchestra, band, instrumental, piano or vocal recordings. Put simply, if it is classical music or jazz and needs recording, we can help.
Digital editing of classical music is a real strength – our Oxford University-educated chief engineer and editor Francis gets to the heart of scores through his rigorous training and expertise, and is able to use both in-session production and coaching skills as well as detailed and precise editing to produce a highly polished musical product and make the most of your performances.
We are happy to see a project through from start to finish, or to handle any single aspect of the process as desired. The label is based in West Bridgford, Nottingham, but we travel regularly across the UK recording for concerts and CD releases alike.
What we offer – a summary
- Live concert recording
- Balance engineer services
- Producer services
- Demo & audition videos
- CD & EP projects (complete service)
- Digital-only recording packages
- Up to 32-bit digital editing, mixing & mastering
- Audio repair & restoration
- CD artwork & packaging design
- Session photography
- Graphic design work
- Advert setting
- Full HD Promotional videography
For full details of what we do or to discuss your recording requirements, please click the button below to get in touch via our contact form:
How we do it
- High-definition audio capture (up to 16 channels at 96KHz) via pre-amps and converters from Line Audio, ESI & Zoom.
- High-quality condenser microphones from Line Audio, sE Electronics, Rode etc.
- PreSonus, Beyerdynamic & Sony monitoring solutions
- Adobe® Creative Cloud suite of applications